Who we are:
On the go since 1985, Music Matters has become an important element in music in Galway and Connaught. Music Matters caters for children as young as three years old, right through to adulthood. If you are interested in providing your child with a musical education, and helping them to develop their talents, then Music Matters can help you do so.
Where we are:
Based in Loughrea, Music Matters’ organisation covers almost all of the townlands of east county Galway; Loughrea, Ballinasloe, Mountbellew, and Oranmore.
The main objectives of Music Matters are:
- To benefit the community through the running of a Suzuki music education scheme.
- To facilitate quality teaching of all musical instruments.
- To organise concerts and ensemble playing opportunities.
- To promote musical activity in general in the East Galway area.
What we do:
- Run a school of music with a strong Suziki ethos in East Galway, serving Loughrea, Ballinasloe, Mountbellew and Oranmore.
- Promotes the Suzuki way of teaching strings Has classes in most orchestral instruments and in piano. Traditional fiddle and Leaving/Junior Cert also taught.
- Host the teacher training course on behalf of the SEIi for Violin and Piano.
Contact number: 087 344 9476
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board of Music Matters:
The board of Music Matters consists of three staff representatives, two parents’ representatives, one past pupil, and one community representative.