The Suzuki Education Institute of Ireland (SEIi) is a Limited Company established in 1986 at the request of Dr. Shin’ichi Suzuki to promote his approach to music education in Ireland.
SEIi is a member of the European Suzuki Association (ESA) which, along with four other Regional associations, makes up the International Suzuki Association (ISA). The ISA owns the trademark and copyright of the Suzuki name and assigns these rights to the Regional and National Associations. Only teachers who are registered members of SEIi are legally entitled to call themselves Suzuki teachers in Ireland.
The objects of SEIi are:
- To further Dr. Suzuki’s teaching method and philosophy of education throughout Ireland
- To maintain professional standards of practice in Suzuki Education in Ireland
- To provide teacher training courses leading to ESA recognised teaching qualifications in the Suzuki Mother Tongue Method
- To assist qualified Suzuki teachers in establishing Suzuki programmes
- To support and cooperate with other national and international Suzuki organisations
- To co-ordinate the activities of Suzuki groups throughout Ireland
- To inform the public about Suzuki Education
- To protect the use of Suzuki’s name in Ireland.